The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Meditations of Ephesians 1



The Lord has shown me three truths from meditating on Ephesians 1. As I studied Ephesians, I discovered three questions to analyze and answer. The first question is “What has God done for me?” The second is “What does He give me?” Lastly: “What is my response?” These insights have taught me more about my God, who loves me with an unconditional love, and gave everything to pay for my life.

What has God done for me? God chose me in the midst of millions of people. God chose me before my birth was considered. God chose me even before the foundations of the world were established. He has predestined me to be adopted by Jesus Christ. Predestine means “destine someone for a particular fate or purpose.” In that definition, He has a purpose and a plan for my life. He makes known to me the mystery of His will and guides me every step of the way. The most important thing that He did for me was giving His life to pay for mine. I was a slave to sin, worthless. By dying on the cross He gave me redemption. I have forgiveness of my sin because He has reconciled me to the Father. He is my Prince, my Rescuer, and my Knight in Shining Armor.

What does He give me? Now that I am His child, He gives me an inheritance that I do not deserve. I receive the benefits of a daughter and princess of a King. Being His daughter means wealth and riches, not necessarily physical riches, although I am abundantly blessed in that area, but spiritual blessings. I can go to Him through prayer, and at any time get access to His outpouring of power. In His great kindness, He not only makes known to me the mystery of His will but also helps me fulfill it. When I ask God, He gives me the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, resulting in the eyes of my understanding, my core, being enlightened.



What is my response? The fact that I have forgiveness of my sin because He has reconciled me to the Father compels me to praise Him: He is holy! Everything He does is holy and just, compassionate and forgiving, loving and kind. What an awesome God. I deserve to be cast into Hell, but He gave and still gives me compassion and love. God being loving and forgiving is a mystery which I can not understand, but certainly appreciate. Since I know that He holds me in the palm of His hand and that He controls everything, I can trust Him completely. My biggest response is to lay my life in God’s hands, strive to serve Him in everything, and worship Him every hour.


These three questions lead to my knowledge of God being broadened and widened. They remind me of His sacrifice and His love for me, which He has revealed to me in a personal, special way. I praise Him for all the things He gives me and for what he has done for me. My concluding thought: He is worthy to be praised!