The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Compassion


Dear Bloggers,


I am excited to be able to share with you what God has been teaching me about compassion. Compassion is not just an action; it depends on your heart. We are able to have compassion on others only when our hearts are brimming with joy and love. That joy and love come from God. Freshly put, compassion is, with a willing and cheerful spirit, giving to a suffering person whom God puts in my path. What would happen if we sought to show this kind of compassion in our everyday lives?


The Bible is full of stories about compassion, but the one I find inspiring is the story of Ruth, found in the Old Testament book of Ruth. What really stands out to me is the depth of Ruth’s radiant compassion. Only ten years into her marriage, she lost her husband. On top of this tragic loss, she chose to follow her widowed mother-in-law to a foreign land, instead of staying in her own home and with her own people. Unhindered by pride or selfishness, Ruth gave her mother-in-law what she needed the most: love, respect, and kindness. In time, God blessed Ruth’s compassionate spirit with a generous husband, a good life, and a son.


Convicted by Ruth’s compassion, I have been compassionate to an elderly widow from our church. She was very lonely after the loss of her husband. The first time I visited her, we talked and spent the afternoon together. Another time, I brought her a homemade piece of apple pie. More recently, this dear grandma had back surgery and has been in a lot of pain. I went to see her and to bring her freshly baked cookies. I wish to give to her some of the love that God has lavished on me. I regularly try to bless her with my smile, full of joy and love.


Can it really be as simple as a smile to a suffering person? Yes, sometimes a kind word and a smile are just enough to brighten their day and let them know that someone cares. My advice to you, reader, is to have compassion on the suffering. It seems to be becoming more and more acceptable to ignore those that are hurting. Let’s follow Ruth’s example and stir up a revolution of compassion by looking beyond ourselves to the needs of others.


Sincerely,


Kimberly Krause