The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Wednesday, November 24, 2010

God's grace is sufficent

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

I was reading in my wisdom booklet number 12 about what is means to glory in the midst of tribulation.
Definition: As in "the glory of God," brightness, splendor, magnificence, the highest honor, renown, fame, divine excellence. As an action, "glory," boast, be proud of, give direction.

Usage
As a verb–glory
Let him that glories glory in the Lord. (11 Cor. 10:17)

As a noun–glory
If you are buffeted for your faults, what glory if it? (1 Peter 2:20)

As an adjective–glorious
They refused deliverance that they might have a more glorious entrance into heaven. (Hebrews 11:35)

Synonyms
Verb: rejoice proudly, take pride, revel, boast

Noun: adoration, homage, eminence, distinctions, prestige, grandeur, magnificence, majesty

Adjective: resplendent, glowing, lustrous, celebrated, distinguished, majestic, supreme, grand, radiant, brilliant, illustrious, preeminent

Example: Paul learned to glory "...in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, than am i strong" (2 Cor. 12:10)

Paul's glorying in the midst of tribulation is based on the abundant desire and power that God gave to him for spiritual achievement. The Lord said to Paul, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness" (2 Cor. 12:9)
Paul responded, "Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me" (2 Cor. 12:9)
By glorying in tribulation, Paul was given the grace to write the epistles that now benefit us.

Application: List one or two examples of each of the following trials in your life:

1. Infirmities (physical weaknesses)

2. Reproaches (unjust criticism)

3. Necessities (daily responsibilities)

4. Persecution (rejection for Christ)

5. Distresses (pressures)

Determine how God is using these trials in your life to develop Christlike character, to reveal deeper understanding and insights from Scripture, and to strengthen your fellowship with the Lord and with others.

The consequence of refusing to glory in the Lord is regret.

Definition: To grieve, to lament, to be sorry for, to feel distress over a desire unfulfilled or an action performed or not performed.

Synonyms:
Verb: bemoan, deplore, mourn, lament, be remorseful, be ashamed of, rue

Noun: sorrow, grief, remorse, contrition, woe, self-reproach, grievance, repentance

Adjective: sorrowful, grieving, remorseful, contrite, repentant, penitent

We can rest in the fact, that God uses our weakness' for His glory. Look back up the the list in bold. There are so many things that actually apply to our life!