The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I wait - Elisabeth Elliot


Right now, I am reading Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot.
I would highly recommend it. She talks about her struggles with her on going relationship with Jim Elliot. Did you know that even such a godly woman struggled? It actually really surprised me. I just figured her love story was perfect. I think she explains it well in this section: "The greater the potential for good, the greater the potential for evil. That is what Jim and I found in the force of the love we bore for each other. A good and perfect gift, these natural desires. But so much the more necessary that they be restrained, controlled, corrected, even crucified, that they might be reborn in the power and purity for God."

I would like to write more about this, but, I do not have experience to couple my writings. I can only quote what others have said or believe. I could also quote the Bible. However, I'm just going to let that section speak for it's self. I do want to say, though, that from what she described it was difficult to restrain and be corrected, but she did it by God's strength.

This poem in the book, goes along with the theme that hit me today:

I wait.
Dear Lord, Thy ways
Are past finding out,
Thy love too high.
O hold me still
Beneath Thy shadow.
It is enough that Thou
Lift up the light
Of Thy countenance.
I wait–
Because I am commanded
So to do. My mind
Is filled with wonderings.
My soul asks "Why?"
But then the quiet word,
"Wait thou only
Upon God."
And so, not even for the light
To show a step ahead,
But for Thee, dear Lord,
I wait.