The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Monday, March 7, 2011

Faith in the Life of Deborah



After the death of Joshua, the children of Israel started to wander away from the Lord. Unfortunately, several of the tribes failed completely to destroy the people who lived in the Promised Land. This act of disobedience, and lack of a godly leader, caused the Lord to raise up judges to rule the people. One of my favorite judges, mostly because she was a woman, is Deborah. She became a leader in a time when women were not accepted in the roll of leadership. In that respect, it was even more costly to obey the Lord. She had great faith even to be a woman in that position. When God called Deborah and Barak to lead the people into battle, she bravely accepted the call. Barak on the other hand, said that he would only go if she went. With that, she simply said, “I will surely go with you; nevertheless, the honor shall not be yours on the journey that you are about to take, for the LORD will sell Sisera into the hands of a woman.” She willingly obeyed the Lord’s call, trusting completely in the power of the Lord to give the people victory. I hope that one day, I will learn quickly to obey the Lord’s command, while trusting Him with my whole heart.