The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Tuesday, March 22, 2011

In His Steps by Charles Sheldon


A short time ago, I finished reading "In His steps" by Charles Sheldon. This is a must read for everyone. My relationship with the Lord grew tremendously–but wait, I am getting ahead of myself. The story is about a perfectly-content-in-their own ways type of church and their pastor. During the week the pastor was up in study just preparing a sermon, when a straggled worn out stranger knocked on his door. The stranger said that he was looking for work. Then the pastor kindly said he had no work and said goodbye. Well, on Sunday, the pastor got up as usual to preach his sermon, and the stranger walked up the isle and turned and told the congregation what he had been going through. Basically, he had been all over the town looking for work because he was going to die soon. He said that the pastor was the only one to show him kindness. He said that Christians do not act how Jesus had acted. At the end of this speech the forlorn stranger fainted.

From this heart-wrenching statement, the pastor thought about it and concluded that he would go on a one year commitment. The commitment meant that he had to ask the question "what would Jesus do?"

The pastor preached on his commitment to Jesus, that he had just made. He asked everyone else who wanted to join him in the commitment to meet him in the back after Church. There were a group of people awaiting him. This was the start of an adventure, as they asked the question "what would Jesus do?" Their lives changed dramatically!

In my own life, after reading this book, I sometimes will ask the question "what would Jesus do?" It is so hard to discern actually what He would do! The biggest hardest decision that I've had to make, is with my driving.... Yes... I was convicted with my driving. What would Jesus really do? I think that He would keep the speed limit to the tee! It has been so hard, and every time I go over, I just hear the Lord saying, "how much do you love me?" or "if you love me you will obey my commandments." So, with His help, I have been trying to drive the speed limit. Now I am not perfect, I fail often. Our loving Father loves the fact that we want to please Him and forgives us readily. I would highly recommend this book to everyone! My prayer for today, that we would walk in His steps, completely, knowing Him as our Guide.