The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Saturday, June 18, 2011

Clay in the Hands of a Potter


Jeremiah 18:6
Behold, as the clay is in the Potter's hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel. 

This morning, I was flipping through my bible actually on the way to another passage when my eye caught this verse. Lately, I've been lamenting over my insufficiencies. I am not as diligent, not as loving, not as faithful as I want to be, but God reminded me through this verse that I'm a work in progress. And He's got it all in control. :D It's so comforting to "hand over" the control and just let Him be the Potter.

Even when I do mess-up in life, He's there to take our ruined vessel and make it into something different. Surprisingly, this was in His plan and the vessel He makes is more beautiful than any we could have imagined or dreamed up.


Jeremiah 18:4
And the vessel that he made of clay was marred (ruined) in the hand of the Potter: 


(Notice the Potter, never let go of the clay?)

so He made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the Potter to make it.


I have had this beautiful song running in my head from the Wild's I think. It was based on

Isaiah 61:3
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.


I think it's so neat that God laid this song on my heart then gave me a verse to go with it. This was very comforting to me.

Here is a site that really has some good analogies on the Potter and Clay.