The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Messenger's Life



A Messenger’s Life

There I wandered in the wide path leading to hell and destruction. I was so destitute and hopeless. I had tried all of sin’s pleasures, and found no happiness or lasting joy. Just as I was about to give up, I saw it. A faint glow that grew brighter came towards me. It grew brighter and brighter until it reached a full blazing SON. I fell on my face before Him to keep from being blinded because of His glory. When I looked at myself, I wore sin and shame, old filthy rags. Then amazingly, He took my old filthy rags off and threw them down that hill we were on. I stood there, naked and ashamed, my true self revealed. In spite of that, He took HIS garment of righteousness, glorious and shining, and put it on me! My sin and shame for His righteous? Yes, that’s my Lord! But that’s not all, He could have stopped there, giving me new life and hope, but instead, He made me His child. He told me that I had a special destiny that He had planned from the beginning. I was speechless. Then He gave me warrior’s armor and told me that this was another part of His never-ending gifts, part of His plan for me: to be His child with a special job. I was to tell everyone about Him and pass on His love.


I quickly got up, excited about this new mission. With His Name on my lips, I ran to spread the Word. Some listened and some rejected me, but that did not matter because I was doing what He wanted. I was His messenger armed with His love and gospel! There were many who came to that old hill as I had done. He welcomed them and made them His children. Just the thought of all these new brothers and sisters excited me and encouraged me to keep doing what He wanted me to do. However, there were days in the journey that I did not feel like sharing Him. Some days I failed miserably and sat and did nothing of value. Each day was a battle to do what was right. Some times I would win by His power and others times give in to evil temptations. When I would make mistakes like this, He was always willing to take me and clean me up, giving me fresh enthusiasm for Him. After each one of these talks with Him, my face would be lit up, reflecting the SON.


And so, the days passed as He used me, His messenger, to share that love with others. There were people who hated Him and His message. One day, I shared His Word with a large group of people. I noticed the people who hated Him were whispering. They were spreading a terrible lie that I was trying to start sedition. The people were scared rather then happy at my words. Those in authority came and sentenced me to be hanged. I did not think of it as the end, but rather the beginning. As they threw the rope around my neck, all I could think of was that in a few moments, I would see Him face to face. My Savior then gave me a new song, that I sang to the people as they tightened the rope. He was calling me home forever! When everything got black (as most people say), or light (as I remember), I saw Him standing there at the gate with open arms. I ran and fell again flat on my face. This was MY Savior! Then, He told me to stand up. As I did, I looked into His kind eyes. He simply said, “My child, I love you!” And now, I am still here, basking in the love of Jesus and am safe in His arms.