The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cynicism vs. Rejoicing

Cynicism vs. Rejoicing


Cynicism means one believes that happiness can be achieved by obtaining a high moral standard. Sadly, the cynic tries to please his own desires rather than pleasing the Lord or meeting the needs of others. Even by having a high moral standard, the cynic lives an unhappy and cross life. Although God does command us to add virtue our faith (2 Peter 1:5), virtue does not give lasting happiness. The cynic also has a pessimistic attitude about life; everything is always on the sad or dismal side. God wants us as believers to rejoice in all circumstances, good or bad (Romans 12:12, 1 Thess. 5:16). In addition, the Bible tells us not to live for our own pleasure (1 Timothy 5:6), but instead deny ourselves (Mark 8:34-35) and follow Jesus. To summarize, a cynic is someone who lives for himself and who is depressed about life. We all are guilty of doing this at some point, but God can give us strength to counteract the negative with rejoicing always.