The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Faith in the Book of Numbers




Faith in the Book of Numbers


Moses was given faith in his middle age when he had a God encounter in the burning bush. Before this, faith was not a particularly strong point in his life, but that is why God gave him faith to accomplish such a big job. One incident in which Moses’ sin nature got the better of him was when the children of Israel complained that they had no water. Irritated by their ungratefulness, Moses took their plea to the Lord. God told him specifically that he should speak to the rock, and the water they needed would come out of the rock. Just as he was about to do as God commanded, he lost some of his faith, along with his patience and his temper. He hit the rock twice instead of speaking to the rock. This disobedience took away the opportunity he had to lead the Children of Israel into the Promised Land. Today, we can learn from his lack of faith. First, we should trust the Lord completely, knowing that He has a blessing at the end. One thing we can be comforted in is that when we fail and mess up, God is always faithful and always with us, exchanging our blunders for His God-given plans.