The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Wednesday, December 21, 2011

CHRISTMAS is Jesus-mas!

Have you ever wondered why Christmas is not a time of drawing closer to God, but instead, through all the business, a pulling away?

A few weeks ago, I was talking to a dynamic young man. I asked him what his favorite part was about Christmas. He said that the Bible and the story of Jesus came alive with fresh insights that jumped off the page...That suprised me. I thought he would say something about how spending time with his family or the delicious food and bountiful desserts were his favorite parts. But no, he said it was the special verses in the Bible and the closeness to Jesus that were his favorite parts. That is how it should be!

My desire for THIS Christmas is that it is full of Jesus: Jesus-mas. "Mas" means "more" in spanish. That is particually significant to me because I have a burden for spanish speaking people. Our main focus for Christmas should be more of Jesus. This young man not only desires to have more of Jesus, but he speads more time with Him than most of us do. He has found a true gift of Christmas: fellowship with Jesus.

As, we settle into our homes for some the Christmas celebration, let's remember to humble our hearts and draw close to the One Who gave Himself for us.