The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Monday, January 28, 2013

Holy Spirit is the Comforter

Hello again! I have another really good story from the same devotional book.

The Holy Spirit = Comforter

The Greek word for "comforter" is parakletos, which literally means one called alongside to help. This was beautifully illustrated in the Summer Olympics during a track-and-field event. As the runners in the 440-meter race flew around the oval track, one of them suddenly pulled up on the back stretch, one leg hed up and dangling as he limped to a stop. He had pulled a hamstring! As the crowd stood, holding its collective breath, a man ran out of the stands to the young athlete. It was his father! As the television crew relayed the moving scene to the watching world, the microphones picked up the runner's words: "Dad, you've got to help me across the finish line. I've trained all my life for this race." And so the father put his arm around his son, and together, they limped across the finish line to a standing ovation!

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us though the person of hte Holy Spirit. And
when we think we can't go one more step,
when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,
when our hearts feel heavy,
when our minds become dull,
when our spirits are burned our,
we have the Comforter, who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us to the finish. The applause you hear is from the "great cloud of witnesses" who rejoice in your victory!

Taken from: "Just Give me Jesus" by Anne Graham Lots