The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Saturday, January 26, 2013

Still digging

As I've been studying about the Holy Spirit. I just have to post what I've read and learned. What I have been reading is so rich. It's like striking gold! So last post it was about the 7 roles the Holy Spirit is and how those fulfill needs in our lives. In short, it's every need we have! In John 14:17, Jesus tells his disciples that they already knew the Comforter. If they already knew Him, that means the Holy Spirit is Jesus himself! Also verse 18 confirms this when Jesus says "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." He was talking about His Spirit coming. This was such a sweet realization to me. Jesus, my Love and Savior actually is already WITH me! That makes me so incredible happy! These are some quotes from the devotional that were really thought provoking.


When the Holy Spirit comes into you at your invitation, you receive as much of Him as you will ever have. You do not get a little bit of Him then and a little bit more at later experiences. Since He is a Person, you cannot get Him in pieces. You either have all of the Holy Spirit or you have none of the Holy Spirit. Why is it,, then, that He seems to get us in pieces? He comes to us unconditionally, while we surrender to Him conditionally. But He can get more of you!

We give Him our Sundays but not our Mondays.
We give Him our actions but not our attitudes.
We give Him our relationships but not our reputations.
We give Him our time but not our thoughts.
We giv Him our burdens but not our bodies.
We give Him our prayers but not our pleasures.
We give Him our crises but not our children.
We give Him our grief but not our goals.
We give Him our health but not our hearts.

It is the indwelling powerful person of the Holy Spirit who sets me free from the habits of sin. But the power I posses to live a life pleasing to God is directly related to how much control of my life I give to the Holy Spirit.

Beside the road leading to the house where I grew up is a spring of water. Years ago Mother put a pipe into the spring, then placed an old, wooden bucket under the pipe. To this day, water flows through the pipe and into the bucket, which spills over with the clear, cold spring water. A little tin cup is perched on a rock nearby for anyone who is thirsty. But once in a while, the water flowing from the pipe slows to a trickle, then stops altogether. Because no fresh water flows into the bucket, the water that's there gets stagnant and becomes unfit for drinking. When that happens, Mother takes a slender stick and runs it through the pipe, knowing that a small piece of gravel or a little salamander or an accumulation of mud has blocked the water's flow. Sure enough, within minutes, the water starts flowing freely though the pipe and into the bucket once again.

Our lives are like that wooden bucket, with the living water of the Holy Spirit flowing into and spilling from them. God has clearly commanded you and me to be filled with the Spirit. But unconfessed sin or resistance to His authority will block the "flow" of His life within us. If we do not deal with it, our spiritual lives become stagnant and we lose our attractiveness and usefulness to God. And we have nothing refreshing about us that would draw other people to Christ.

What is hindering you from being filled with the Holy SPirit? To be filled with the Holy Spirit is to be under His moment-by-moment control. He has not been given to you so that you can keep Him confined to a particular area in your life. Let Him loose! His is Lord The amount of power you experience to live a victorious, triumphant Christian life is directly proportional to the freedom you give the Spirit to be Lord of your life!

Taken from: "Just give me Jesus" by Anne Graham Lots