The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Chain Saw

                                      The Chain Saw  

  A man walked into a hardware store and told the clerk that as a result of the storm during the night before, an enormous oak tree had crashed into his yard. Although the tree had not hit his house, the main trunk was lying across his driveway, and the huge branches were crisscrossing the front lawn and blocking his view. So he was interested in buying the very best chain saw that the clerk had to sell.

      The clerk, who had listened sympathetically to the man's tale of woe, nodded and said he had just the thing. He excused himself for a moment, disappeared into the back stockroom, then reemerged, carrying a hug Stihl chain saw encased in orange plastic housing. The clerk described the features of the saw, but when he said it could cut through the giant oak tree like a knife through soft butter, the man needed no further sales pitch. He opened his wallet, paid for the saw, and lugged it out of the store.

     Three days later the man came back into the hardware store, dragging the big chain saw. His hair was disheveled, his face was covered in a bristly three-day-old beard, his clothes were sweaty, dirty, and smelly, and his face was scrunched into an angry scowl. He dropped the saw on the floor. Then he smacked the counter with his fist and in a hoarse, raspy voice, began to yell at the clerk, "I thought you said this was the best saw you had for sale! I thought you said this saw was to good and fast, it would cut through the oak tree like a knife though butter. Well, I've been sawing for three full days, and I've only gotten through two tiny little limbs. I want my money back because the saw doesn't work!"

     As other customers stopped and stared, the clerk, who had been standing in shocked amazement at the sudden outburst, moved swiftly to exercise the damage control. As he quickly walked around the counter, he responded defensively, "That saw was in perfect working order when I sold it to you." He then reached down to the saw and pulled its little black cord. Immediately the saw sprang to life with a loud roar. The man jerked upright, his eyes wide with astonishment as he exclaimed, "What's that noise?"

     The poor man had been trying to use a chain saw to cut wood without ever activating the power! He reminds me of a lot of Christians I know. They are trying to live the Christian life without ever activating the Power. It may be possible to get some things done without Power, but the effort and the struggle will make most want to quit. And the Power is not so much a "what" as a "who." The Power is the person of the Holy Spirit.

     There are times when I have gotten the distinct impression from some Christians that the Holy Spirit is an optional extra, reserved primarily for benedictions, baptisms, and those we label "charismatics." Others give the impression that He is more like a heavenly genie in a bottle, who, if you rub Him with the right mixture of prayer and faith, will perform miracles for you. But the Holy Spirit is not an optional extra! He is not to be reserved only for special occasions or exclusive groups, nor is He a trick-performing genie. He is a divine necessity who is imparted to each and every believer at the moment of conversion.
~Taken from "Just give me Jesus" by Anne Graham Lots

 I've been reading this book and this was a really good illustration I thought I'd share with you all.