The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Distracted Devotion



A Distracted Devotion

     Jacob the Heel Grabber, Deceiver, a Supplanter, and Layer of snares. Jacob came out of the womb grasping for flesh. Grasping for the flesh to get him something. He was esteeming the right things but going about it getting it in the wrong way. He thought the birthright and the blessing would get him what he wanted, but the more he got the more empty and unfulfilled he felt. Nothing would satisfy. Even looking good on the outside and doing the “right things” will not. Christians do the same thing thinking “If only I could get my thoughts oner control or if I could just do this, I could please God.” God doesn’t want a perfect looking Christian on the outside, He wants the relationship with them, he wants their heart and undistracted devotion to Himself. It’s only the truest and best that He wants for them and nothing with stop Him in bringing it to them. 

     I am struggling with the application on this one because it’s so fresh and quite applicable to me. For so long I have known something is not right with the way I live my life. How can I constantly be struggling along, falling, asking forgiveness, trying again, falling and continuing on without the joy or love for Him that I ought to have. I am attempting to get what I think is good with self-effort, self discipline, and self-restraint. I can’t muster up the “self __” any longer. Christians can “grab” on to so many things, Moral purity (Heart and mind pure), External righteousness (do this), Compassionate rescue (saving orphan or poor), Dutiful Attendance (faithful in church commitment), Sacramental Acts (baptism or communion), Spiritual Disciplines (prayer time and solid Bible study), or Ellerslie (attend a program). What I’m struggling to believe fully is that He has paid for my continual victory and I am no longer a slave to sin. Mr. Ludy said that we will know when we have it (victory in Christ) and when we do not. He asked us if we had seen the cross? Have we seen the face of Jesus? Grace saves us through faith. Not us trying or even sincerity, but Jesus alone. Is my faith in what I DID or what HE DID? 

    Jacob became God grabber. Almost no more words needed. He lost confidence in his self, and grabbed ahold of God. Jacob wrestled with the Angel of the Lord and would not let go until he got the blessing. This was his dark night about to break into glorious day. The Angel of the Lord asked Jacob what his name was. He had to admit that he was a deceiver and a heel grabber by saying his name. Then the Angel said, “Thy name shall be no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.” “The Lord hath redeemed Jacob, and glorified himself in Israel, (Isaiah 44:23)” God took Jacob’s life and redeemed him for a higher purpose. Grab ahold of God and don’t let go, He is faithful to not ever let us go. His name be praised!