The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Thursday, October 24, 2013

Five Smooth Stones


Five Smooth Stones

     David took five smooth stones when he sprinted after Goliath. It is interesting as to why he took five when he only killed one giant. But before the reason to why he chose five stones, some background must be relayed. David was a normal, average guy that turned out to be an unbelievable hero which God used to change the world. God strategically placed circumstances and events in his life that taught David the lessons that would make him “a man after God’s heart.”  

    God let David be born the 8th and youngest boy in family. He was the Sheep herder. That was not the best of jobs, in fact, it was a pretty low job. He served his family as a Sheep herder while learning great spiritual lessons at the same time. He spent so many hours alone with God, not a person to talk to, that his faith and confidence in the Lord grew. He understood how to be filled with the power of God by faith and give glory to Him every step of the way. Caves were important in Sheep herding. When a storm came the Shepherd had to know where the caves were and the path to get to them. Being out caring for his sheep for so much of the time gave him time to get to know the Valley of Elah. In this valley he found a tree, and it was not just a tree. It was a mighty tree called a Terebinth that measured between 17-23 feet in circumference. For a Terebinth tree to become the mighty immovable tree, it must be planted well, grounded and rooted into the soil so that nothing, not even the strongest tornado can move it. This tree is significant because it pictures the spiritual depth that Christians need to be at to stand strong so firmly rooted in Jesus that the wildest storms of life can not shake them. God was purposefully establishing David in Him to make Him to have the faith to be unmovable even when the biggest giant came against Him. 

     Samuel the Priest came to anoint a son of Jesse to be king of Israel. The sons filed in and Samuel was for sure he knew which one God was going to choose. Each one passed by and they were not it. Finally Samuel asked if there was any more sons. They called David from out in the field. God had chosen him to be king and Samuel anointed him. Samuel told him that God would be with him when he fought. That the battles would be the Lords.

     Even though he was anointed king David still tended the sheep. He even killed a lion and a bear. The power of God was with him. Not one of his experiences were in vain. God used his musical abilities to calm the troubled king Saul. Every time he would go back to the sheep. When war broke out, no one called him to help fight, so he stayed diligent at tending for the sheep. David’s father wanted him to deliver some food to the soldiers. He was humble and did as he was ask. When he got to the camp Goliath was mocking God and making fun out of Israel. A passion flared up in him and he found himself getting ready to go up against the Giant. The battle was not in just any old Valley, it was in the valley that he had grew up in, the valley of Elah. And he knew it well. The mighty Terebinth tree was there. His familiar caves were there. The brook to which he drew five stones was there.

     In an fierce confidence he went in the name of the Lord. He drew five stones not because he needed some in case he missed, but because he knew there were four other giants and he would need the stones to kill them as well. He doubled the passion and trust in God as he gathered those stones. The Terebinth tree was probably right behind Goliath as David went out to meet him. He swung his sling and killed him in the name of the Lord. Four other giants were slain by David’s mighty men later on. His zeal for the Lord carried forth into the other’s lives.

     This message is so encouraging and beautiful to me. I can trust that God knows what he is doing and that he is going to teach me the lessons I need to learn to be prepared for the battle. I need to humble myself and take each job with enthusiasm and joy. God may just be using that job to teach me. Am I going to stand in faith and confidence in my God who is my Salvation? Am I going to double my energy and pick up five stones? He is my Rock and my Defender, my God, in Him will I trust.