The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Monday, October 21, 2013

Opposition- Recognizing the Enemy Tactic



Opposition
Recognizing the Enemy Tactic

     In the Christian life opposition from the enemy is inevitable. God wants to use the Christian’s body for His glory. Satan wants to use it for destruction and ruin. Both would like to be in control of the Christian’s body. Opposition comes in many forms, but the biggest enemy is the flesh. Basically, that means looking to one’s self and obeying it, instead of looking to God and obeying Him. Opposition can be a good thing because like building muscles, weights or exerting is needed. There are five errors in this battle.

     The flesh versus the Spirit are the two as stated above, so error number one would be finding the solution within our self. God promised Abraham and Sarah a son that would be the beginnings of a nation. It seemed impossible to them because they were old in age. However, the bigger the impossibility the greater glory God can get. They looked to themselves for the answer and got a baby through the handmaiden. This was a long lasting problem as Ismael and Isaac’s seed are still at enmity today. In essence the first was born of the flesh and the second born of the Spirit. Abraham took matters into his own hands to try to do it. Self cannot produce heavenly fruit, nor can it imitate God’s ability.  As I process these lessons, I have to ask myself how do I do the same thing? I definitely am not consistent in daily inviting God to give me His schedule, instead I selfishly focus on my own plans for the day. He must possess my very existence, Him controlling my life, and me yielding to His will. Also, when I read my Bible, I try to imitate Jesus in my own effort. He must be doing it, through me.

      The second error is despising the birthright. Esau despised his birthright and  missed out on an once in a life time opportunity to have Jesus in His lineage. Esau served the flesh and became what he worshiped. After Esau gave up his birthright for the stew, people called him Edom which means red, like passion. He was passionate for soup? I wonder what people see in my life, Jesus or fleshly indulgence. I should want to have people remember me as “She loved Jesus.” Am I confident in Jesus or myself? Self-reliance always ends in spiritual poverty. 

     When Moses lived in Egypt after having the highest education, being the best conqueror, well put together, and a war leader, he looked to himself to lead when he tried to fix the enslaved Israelites by killed the Egyptian. He looked right and left, but forgot to look up at God. After the 40 years in the wilderness Moses finally realized who he was and that he could not do it. When he approached the burning bush, He had a different attitude, one of humility. He asked God “who am I?” This is very key for me because for so much of my life, I feel I’ve made much of myself and what I could do to help people. I was living Error 3, allowing human compassion to lead. Then wondering why I end up feeling burned out. Everything is about Him. These are His battles and His beloved people. I’m just a tool in His hands.

    Error number 4 is a big one, giving sway to the flesh and unbelief. Many of the Israelites died in the wilderness because of their unbelief in the promises of God. They could have crossed into the Promised Land sooner. And when they finally got to scout out the Promised Land they were very scared of the giants there. God promised that land and He can not lie! In fact he even said He would go before them and fight for them. I definitely am caught believing that the Christian life is doomed to selfishness and sin’s rule until heaven. I think have more faith in the power of sin in my life, rather than God’s ability to conquer sin. This skewed belief is rooted back to the Flesh telling me how many times I’ve failed and in a way he’s right. In my own strength I have tried and tried, but Jesus wants me to give up trying in my own strength and just allow Him to do it through me. 

     Saul’s partial disobedience to God’s command to kill all the Amalekites demonstrates the 5th error of limiting the flesh but allowing it to remain. David pictures cutting off the flesh as he fought and defeated the Amalekites. Kill all the Flesh, don’t let any remain. This is also a very good lesson as it is easy to set limits for God. Like saying, yes all I have is yours then not letting Him in to change a certain part of your life.

This message shares how important it is to not let self or flesh get in the way of actions our actions or life. God must have complete control and rule in our life. He is so worthy to be praised!