The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Power to Forgive


Power to Forgive
     
     Forgiveness is often defined as making a choice to no longer hold the offense against the person. Most people stop there, and end up feeling dead or blank on the inside. Although this is nice, it is not the fullest measure of forgiveness that God has made available in Christ Jesus. The kind of forgiveness that Christ gave is quite different than the dead feel, it actually forgets the fault and has a kindness, a tenderheartedness, and a genuine love for the person. 

    The illustration about forgiveness that Mr. Ludy gave was very powerful. People have little meadows in their life. In the meadow bursts forth the most beautiful flowers, including bluebells and flowers of every color. A person there skips around merrily and enjoys the flowers and fragrance. Life is wonderful until, someone comes along and dumps a truck full of manure right in a special place of the meadow. When seeing this terrible event the person is rightfully upset that someone would ruin the beautiful spot. There are three responses to tragic event. They may take a caution tape around it and start using the manure to make a shrine to go in a mournfully go over the crime. In the manure shrine there are no windows and a black thorny bush starts to grow. This is like bitterness growing and spreading. Pretty soon the black bush starts to overtake the meadow. 

    Another response would be to ignore the pile of manure and let it petrify. This is how far most people get with forgiveness. But the life changing Jesus response is to all this manure is to, in Him, till it under. When people allow Him to till it under, new and more gorgeous flowers grow. There’s a seat in the center that they can go in and pray for the person. They have the most sweet times with God sitting in the prayer garden. As they pray for the person who dumped the manure they see lives changes. That garden now is even more special than it was before. 

     I loved this illustration. There’s one circumstance of manure in my life, where I know that God has tilled it under and there’s a beautiful garden. God was so gently leading me through the healing and now it is a testimony of His faithfulness and glory in my life. One thing that struck me is that I think in some areas I’ve not let God till the manure under and just ignored it or maybe I’m still in the process of tilling, either way, it’s I’ll be excited to see how God changes every circumstance for His glory. The great Gardener has a plan to use what was meant for evil, instead for a beautiful purpose in Him.