The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Thursday, October 31, 2013

Radical Discipleship by Allen Redpath


Radical Discipleship by Allen Redpath

     The sermon was about the book of Jonah. Pastor Redpath took it to a even deeper level of devotion to God, then what is usually taught concerning Jonah. A Communist the reason he converted to Communism was because Christianity was too soft. People do not do the hard thing for Jesus as they used to. The great men and women of faith had most joy and fulfillment as they walked in Christ, giving up so much for Him. 

    God called Jonah to turn aside from himself, share compassion with those who are his enemies, and declare total ware to everything contrary to God. God said one thing and Jonah said another. Great was Jonah’s stubbornness but greater still God’s faithfulness. Jonah rose to flee the presence of God while Moses said he would not go on without the presence of God to lead the. What a picture of the responses of our own hearts. It is so easy to overlook this sin, but being in Christ is crucial to living, apart from Him Believers are not producing good fruits. Believers have to die to self and be where God’s will is and that is the only important thing. The place of crucification is the only place of the Holy Spirit’s anointing. Believers can not to have a high of the Holy Spirit without a low at Calvary. It’s a call to fall to the ground and die, so that one day the fruit of the Spirit may be made manifest. 

    Jonah also tried to get around conviction and delayed. How many times do I refuse to die to self on a daily basis, only thinking of my flesh? Coming to Ellerslie, I’ve been learning how important that is. Focusing on Jesus, and His will and letting my self be crucified, taking up that cross and following Him. And when He convicts me of something, do I deal with it immediately as obedience to His will? I loved this quote: the key to Christianity is a bent knee, wet eyes, and a broken heart. I pray that God cultivates this broken hearted, eyes upward attitude in my life. His ways are always best.