The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Monday, October 21, 2013

Ten Shekels and a Shirt


Ten Shekels and a Shirt

     The sermon “Ten Shekels and a Shirt” was about a young Levite, who sold his beliefs and services for ten shekels and a shirt. Micah hired this priest in hopes to get God’s blessings. Judges 17 describes a time in which every man did what was right in his own eyes. It was plain chaos without hardly a godly man to stand for truth. Most people were Humanist, living for their own happiness and self. On the opposite side, Christians live for the glory of God. 

     The preacher shared how when he traveled to Africa he went to reach the people there. He thought he was going to preach Christ and reach the people who had never heard about Jesus. After arriving he found out that they had already heard about the gospel and they did not want anything to do with it. He was disillusioned and disappointed. God showed him that he went to reach the people, but God had him as a tool in His hand with His own purposes, because God loved those people and paid for them. Even in doing something “good” it’s important to be careful to be  a willing tool in His hand, no matter what the circumstances. When the big picture can not be seen from human eyes, His eyes can see it. That big picture, might not mean a lot of happiness according to the world’s standards, but the important part is that God was being glorifying.

    I have to ask myself, am I trying to minister to people for a motive other than God’s glory? Am I being willing to become nothing so that He may get the ultimate glory? Am I doing what I think is best? Those are questions are convicting to me. I want to be used for Him and also not to be serving or doing “good” things for myself or for my purposes. The Christian plays a small part in God’s Play. Mostly the sound people or the prop set up people are not even seen through out a Play, but the Main Character is focused on with interest. I pray that as I grow in Him and be smaller and smaller, He would become bigger and bigger, revealing the Majestic King that He is!