The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Monday, October 21, 2013

The Body


The Body

          One of the questions that enters believers minds in this age is, “Why isn’t the Christian life working?” “Why do I get angry at that person for the 40th time, when I just said I wouldn’t get made?” To answer those questions the body must be explained. The body is the means by which fruit is being produced. It is similar to a factory and how that operates. There is a building, director, machines, and the produce of the machines. Whoever sits in the director’s chair will determine the produce of the machine, filthy junk, or God-honoring fruit. The person themselves will naturally be on the director’s seat. In the entry way of this factory there hangs a picture of Self. However when taking a closer look at Self in the director’s chair, one sees that they are tied up, gagged, and superglued to the chair. They are responsible for the junk that is being produced, but they are also being controlled by something else. That something else is Flesh or the Old man. 

     The Flesh or the Old man is about 6’4’’ and super obese with his fat hairy stomach sticking out below his shirt. He’s greasy and disgusting while he pops white powdery donuts in his unkept face. Yes, this man is in the factory. People are born with this type of factory, and that’s because of Adam’s first sin. Flesh rules and does what he wants. One day Jesus steps in as an undercover mechanic. He comes into the sickening factory and says he has a part and needs the director to sign off on it. The belligerent Flesh tells Jesus to make it fast. Jesus enters the glassed in directors office and tells Self, “I know you don’t want to be stuck in that chair and there’s a way for you to change. That red button near your hands is all you need to press and I will set you free.” Then Jesus slips out an leaves Self thinking about his decision. Then all of a sudden “BEEP BEEP BEEP” he pressed the button and Jesus bursts in and kicked flesh out. Self is untied and can get out of the chair now. Jesus gets out a fire hose and starts washing out the factory. Self comes out and asks what Jesus is doing. He says, “I’m cleaning this factory up, it’s going to produce good fruit now.” After a thorough cleaning Jesus tells Self that now he’ll be putting the proper things into the machines, depending on what the new Director tells him. Self has to give up the chair and say, “Jesus, I want you to be in control of my factory, please King Jesus, sit in the chair.” 

     Flesh has been kicked out by Jesus, but Self still must choose. The sneaky Flesh will come and stare in the windows and try to get Self attention. As long as Self sits in the director’s chair, Flesh comes right back in and takes control. It is a daily decision. Jesus came to set people free from sin and to produce good fruit! That is the gospel! 

     This illustration helps believers see things more clearly, but it really is something that must be lived out daily. Believers must see their sin and their selfish rebellion. Jesus’ rightful place is on the throne of their lives. True Hope is found in the denying self and letting Jesus reign, because they were slaves to the Flesh. This is not talking about salvation, this is a daily denying Self and letting Jesus take control.

     When I first heard this message I was baffled. I think I’ve heard pieces of this before, but never so clearly illustrated and emphasized. There IS a way for me to live a victorious Christian life. My life/self must become so tiny and insignificant and Jesus must because the Director of my life. My factory foyer should hang a gigantic picture of Jesus and the fruit should be that of the Sprit. I am so excited about Jesus being the Director and I am expectant of Him who saves me!