The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Costly Gospel


The Costly Gospel

     The costly gospel is not a feel good gospel. It’s one of giving up and hardships all for the sake of Christ. However, the rewards of giving up the pebbles that people cling to are much greater. Imagine trading in a handful of pebbles for God’s abundant store of jewels. Paul was one who gave up his measly pebbles for God’s abundant jewels. He chose to testify for God even though it was costly. Acts 23-27 tells his story of the costly gospel. He went to Caesar in obedience to the Lord’s prompting. God did not just tell him to go, but He told him to be of good cheer, which is like saying “you can do it because I’m the God who’s always been there for you and the God who is Sovereign and the Creator, the I AM, and I will be with you.” God gave him everything he would need to do the mission that He had called him to do. 

     He traveled to Rome by ship. When he got on that ship, he knew something was going to happen, but he also believed God’s promise the people on the ship would remain alive. When Jesus comes into our lives, something will happen. He’s calling us to a higher level of living, for His glory. After they got going a huge wind rose up and they had to choose something to throw over board. They decided to toss the non-essentials. When the Spirit of God who blows into our live, what are willing to give up for Him? It can be appearance or something outward or things, stuff that does not matter too much. But He wants even more.

     So on the third day they had to throw out the replaceable things in order to save their lives. They chose the tackle because they could get more of that at another time. It’s hard to give up these replaceable things. It could be education or career. Then they really started to fear and were about to jump into the life boat when Paul told them that they would only be saved if they stayed in the boat. They had to cut the ties to the life boats. It was like letting go of that plan “B” if it did not work out. In my life, I think I took up a plan “B” when instead of being content with God’s answer for my life of “I’m waiting on God,” I got discontent and wanted something better than that. When I started learning spanish, I just assumed God would want me to be a missionary to Mexico. Lately I’ve been wondering if that is what He wants for me or just to work with hispanics, either way, I must surrender that afresh to Him and trust that He will reveal what He wants me to do in His timing. I must cut this life boat and simply trust Him to work. He does want the best for me. 

     Yet another layer they had to peel off. They had to forsake the cargo. That was their livelihood and how they were going to get paid. In our lives, God didn’t “I’ll create them to carry wheat,” but rather carry the gospel in our boats. The calling is much higher than we think. Wheat trading is like everything people know, but God wants that too. And finally the boat crashed and broke up. They grabbed hold of the pieces of the ship and they all escaped to land. So am I willing to let my body to given up? It is a great privilege to suffer for Jesus. Someone said, “You may have your own bed, but I have God’s grace.” It is truly worth it to give all to Him. He is the treasure and everything else but filthy rags. Jesus, draw us to your Most Holy self!