The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Manifold Wonder of Grace


 The Manifold Wonder of Grace

     The missing link of the gospel goes back to Grace. Why would the Bible say that Christians can access the throne of grace without actually being about to take that grace and have it empower their lives? The amazing news of the gospel is that Jesus saves the unbeliever in salvation, then, because they can not live the Christian life and He can, he saves us daily and momently from sin and temptation. That is called grace.

     He is the Grace. Grace is so much more than unmerited favor, that is just one fold of the manifold Grace of God. Like a napkin folded up a bunch of times, the many folds can be seen and each one different. So with Grace, each fold is an aspect of Grace. It has gotten so distorted because the enemy is trying to diminish Grace because it loses it’s potency. That makes sense because Grace is the very Person of Jesus. Everything that He is, that’s grace. The widely viewed grace is like someone getting stuck up to their chest in mud because of their sin and God coming along and giving them a big hug and saying “I know, it’s bad,” then walking away. If that was true grace it would be so depressing! No wonder Christians pray blanket prayers and vague prayers that are apathetic, they are missing the power of the gospel. The Bible says that Jesus was God’s gift (John 3:16), but it also talks about Grace as God’s gift (Romans 5:15). How can that be?

     The Grace is an action, a power, a mercy, a kindness, a virtue, an historic event, a gift, a work (a legal work of atonement, propitiation, justification, redemption, forgiveness, and adoption), a life, but more than all those things, Grace is Jesus. These things are what Jesus has done through Him being who He IS.

     Jesus invites all who believe to enter into this marvelous grace. The only way to accept this gift of God is to be in Christ, surrendered to His Reign and leadership. He is the only One who can rescue Christians from the power of daily sin. When a person comes to the end of themselves, they are ready let Him take control. It’s the greatest Hope, to know that Christians can live in Jesus and in Him live out the Christian life. He loves them so much, He does not just leave them in the mud, but lifts them out, cleans them and gives the the Grace not to get into the mud again. He’s given Himself, if Christians would admit they can’t do it, let Him lift them out, and give them the grace needed. 

     What a comfort to my soul to know there’s an answer to these problems! It’s about Him being who is and me stepping out of the way. This has given me a fresh excitement for the future, knowing that Jesus will live and reign in my life. That I don’t have to keep striving in my own strength. Just giving up to the One who longs to take this burden off my shoulders and live in and through me. I’m trying to grow in this Grace and be submitted to His loving hand. My heart is ready for His indwelling and power. Jesus, have your way in my life.