The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Spirit of the Humble



The Spirit of the Humble

     In this message Mr. Ludy shares his heart with the students as he retells some of the times where he has in humbleness made wrongs right. Part of Humility is realizing who we are and realizing the true Majesty of God. James 4:6 says, “But He giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.” When someone is prideful, they lift themselves up and take away from God’s glory.

     Just looking up the word “Humble” in the Bible, God proves over and over again that He does in deed lift them up. That is a promise that can been relied upon and trusted in. When I was looking at the verses, God is showing me what is between Him and I. My pride. My not-wanting-to-seek Him. My selfishness. 

     Humbleness is letting God kick flesh out of our factory, then pointing to the throne while kneeing down and saying, “Jesus, it’s your’s, please, take it. I do not want to be sit in it any longer, it is your rightful place.” Self must become nothing and Him everything. Even in a culture where mediocrity is so prevalent, Christians should have that burning desire to do what is right and humble themselves. It is not easy, but it is in a sense the crucial thread on which our relationship with God hangs. When Christians recognize the gravity of sin, then they are ready to change. 

     Mr. Ludy shared how he spent a day, humble before the Lord asking Him all the things he had done that were not right and that needed resitution. He had a pen and paper ready with the attitude of “Show me” on his heart. The list was long, but he plowed in. One story took place when he was in high school and with a group of boys made fun of a special needs girl. Years and years later, he wanted to make it right, so he found her number and called. Him and his sister took her to lunch and afterwards she wanted to go back to school, and in reality it was the same place where he had made fun of her. God showed Mr. Ludy that he could make things right, by being her advocate and standing with her. He was willing to do what it took to make things right. 
     He also told the store of how he told exaggerations as a result of not feeling like he was good enough. Going back and confessing that in front of the guys was so hard, but when they told him, “Eric we love you for who you are,” his heart was touched. Self protection will kill you. Giving up and denying self despite of Flesh telling the Christian that they are something, is something that must be done because, it only takes one moment of self-exaltation to separate us from God. Are we willing to allow God to point out the things that make us insecure?

     Another story he told was about his pride as an older brother. He never wanted to humble himself to his brother. There relationship was damaged and broken. One night when he was praying, “Make me like you, Jesus,” Jesus showed him that he needed to make that right. He asked his brother to forgive him and their relationship was restored. His dad also came to him when he got older and told him how much he loved him. His dad’s humbleness in turn showed love and kindness to Eric. The Christian may be sweet and loving to the people around, but it is the true test to see how they act with their family. I was especially touched by this as my family has definitely seen a different side of me than most people. How many times has my mom forgiven me for allowing my frustration to come out on her. She pictures Jesus to me so often. I am looking forward to learning how Jesus can change my heart, take control of me and help me not to give in to flesh in that regards. With Him ruling my life, I can be a conqueror.