The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Monday, October 21, 2013

The Stuff of Old



The Stuff of Old

     Where is the Sprit filled passions men of old? The ones who had the power of God in their prayers. The time where huge revivals took place and people got saved. How did they live the victorious life? The type that lived so close to God that when they prayed, it seems like they were talking directly to God. It was the Old-fashioned revival time period. People’s prayers would be answered. Men were gentlemen and women were ladies? So where is the stuff of old?

   Paul’s spirit was stirred when he was in Athens and the people there were wholly given to idolatry. That word stirred means to stimulate, spur on, or urge. It’s like when a coughing person can’t stop coughing. The depravedness of the situation made him strongly discontent with the way things were in the evil city. That made him even more passionate about Christ. In this day and age there is a very similar problem. Christians are not engaged in the spiritual battle. They’ve become lazy and lax and not fighting for the truth. The attitude of Jacob “I will not let you go, until you bless me,” describes what Christians should have in fervor and passion for the Lord. Christians should be unwavering and holding fast to Jesus, just like the men of old did. It is impossible, but with Jesus it can be done.

     I am realizing the laziness of our generation and very saddened by it. But what better  time to be born into? The awakening of deep sense of my own laziness is causing me to want to be that person of strength and character. My life should display Christ, but what about my faith? This topic has stirred in me a discontent and made me want that spiritual treasure that only comes from a life yielded to Jesus. It is so important to be anchored to Him, singular in heart, and an abiding exertion of faith. As we fall in love with Jesus, His passion and His burdens will become ours. That’s how the men of old got there passion. They had an intense love for Jesus and an unwavering faith.