The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Ginoko


Ginosko
The Intimacy of Knowing

     Paul said in Philippians that according to normal standards he was the best of the best. He had the best according to so many people too, but all of that, he counted for loss and rubbish. Why would he think that? Because he fully grasped the meaning of “know.” In the greek there’s four words with four different levels of knowing something. Greek is a thick language, so when they said “know” there was a specific meaning for every use. Gnostos is facts, information, data like knowledge of something, like 2 + 2 + 4, like reading a newspaper. Acts 1:18-19 is the example, they had “heard” that Judas had killed himself. Oida is understanding, perception, an “I see.” The light bulb has or hasn’t turned on type of knowing. The example is John 14:5-6 which is Thomas saying to Jesus that they did not know where Jesus was going. 

    Then Ginosko like knowledge but found through experience or relationship an intimate understanding. This one is like a married couple who’s been with each other and it gets deeper and deeper as time goes on. They even start acting alike as they spend more time together. Luke 1:34, Matthew 1:24-25, and John 17:3 are all examples of this type of knowing, a very intimate type and the last one is Jesus’ prayer that we might know God. And lastly, Epiginosko is a higher level, a deeper even more intimate form of ginosoko (1 Corinthians 13:12). 

   Paul counted all the stuff he knew to be counted trash even compared to the smallest meaning of “know.” That means that his entire life was counted for nothings just for the title on a newspaper that says Jesus Christ is Lord. Someone can know about Jesus but  until they know Him it does not mean anything. Have Christians got content just knowing about Jesus, or are they ever pressing to know the One who gave His all for them.

     This message was so profound. To know Him! I had to ask myself do I know Him, but then I thought to what we’ve been learning about believing and reckoning. All I can do is have a simple faith in Him, He has to do the rest, and by the way, that is far above what I could ever ask or think! He wants me to press in and never stop trying to know Him. I could study and search Him out for a life time and just scratch the surface. Praise Him that He desires a deep relationship with me, and in Him I can search for Him with all of my heart!