The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Thursday, November 7, 2013

Law and Grace


Law and Grace

     Satan deceived Eve and she disbelieved God and ate of the fruit. If Adam would have been the man He should have been, He should have said, “Eve, no, I can not eat this, that is disobeying God’s Word.” God would have had to kill Eve, and Adam could have stepped in and took her place. Do you see redemption in that picture? Christians are like the bride of Christ, and we partook of the forbidden fruit and the punishment was death, but Jesus stepped in and took our place. The first Adam was insufficient, but the Last Adam could pay the price. 

    The Law is the behavior of God. It reveals that something is wrong and points us to the Solution. Grace is the work of God on our behalf doing His errands. It is manifold, with lots of aspects. Grace only makes sense under the law though. It’s rich meaning is made rich compared to the high standard of the law. We can’t get out from under the law of sin and death, unless God does something. Eric illustrates this by saying the law of sin death is like a full balloon that’s been cut and it is dead, and no longer able to hold the breath of God, and is trash. Then Law of Grace is a perfect ballon, filled with the Breath of God, untouched by the Cutter, a balloon as a balloon should be, has made Himself the vehicle in which the cut balloons can now find both Righteousness and Breath. We are like the cut balloons. We don’t have the ability to hold breath. We can’t be blown up. 

    This message was a great reminder of why I need Christ. It confirms everything we’ve been learning lately. Some of the clear illustrations just helped me understand law and grace. I’m a cut balloon, just dependent on Him. But when in Him, He heals and restores me to be like Him. We are clothed in grace. The Law is not removed, it is satisfied in Jesus Christ. By faith, I believe in Jesus! I am no longer under that law because He has made Himself the way. I can be made righteous with His robe on me. I reckon that He is the High Priest that stands in the gap for me!