The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Reckoning with Truth


Reckoning with Truth

     The Christian’s basis of belief is founded on two facts. God cannot lie and the Word of God is Truth. These are key because if they cannot be fully believed and trusted in, then the rest of what is believed is unstable. When these two facts are believed in they can change a person’s perspective completely. Faith must be in Fact because Fact is the only One who can do the impossible. Fact represents the Word of God, and that is Holy and perfect and Jesus lived it. 

     God cannot lie is the first fact (Numbers 23:19, 1 Samuel 15:29, and Titus 1:2) Christians can know intellectually this truth and nothing will happen, but impossible things will happen if it is believed in the heart. The illustration that Eric shared was so powerful. Say God gives a person $10 and puts it in a back room for them to go find. When asked if he has the money on him, he says “No, it’s not on me.” They may ask, “but do you have the money?” He can say “yes, because it was given me.” He has to have the money because as soon as he goes to leave the building the Mafia demand $9. How does he get the money though? He goes by faith to find the money in the back room. On his way to the room Satan will try to distract him and try to make distrust that the money is really there. If he continues on he will get the money. He must turn a deaf ear to those lies and press forward in faith. It is the same with God and claiming His promises. God cannot go against his nature; what he says is true. 

     The Word of God is Truth is the second fact (John 17:17 and 1 Thessalonians 2:13). Christians cannot determine that God’s Word is Truth, because it IS Truth. Yes, Jesus is Truth, there is no falseness in Him. Everything He says goes! Christians must claim these facts and reckon it. It’s believing that the $10 is in that room, taking it and applying it to our account. Believing it is called Faith. And it glorifies God when Christians reckon these truths. 

     The blood of Jesus was for so many things, atonement, propitiation, our justification, forgiveness, remission of sins, cleansing, washing, purging of our consciences, peace, reconciliation unto Christ, righteousness, saving us from the wrath, destruction for the devil, overcoming the devil, redemption, giving us life, bring back to life, sanctification, spiritual and physical healing, boldness to enter into the Holy of Holies, and making it possible for Christians to have a home in Jesus.
    
     Jesus’ blood is applies in three ways. Towards God because it removes the separation, towards Man because it removes the estrangement, purges the conscience, eliminates and eliminates the guilt, and towards Satan to remove the grounds for his accusation. 

   This message was probably the most powerful to me. After writing the summary for Distracted Devotion, I was really struggling with how to have this wonderful victory in Christ and how to believe and have that faith in Him. I struggled for a good couple of days. Finally God showed me that I had not giving up to Him the “results of new life in Christ.” I was so focused on, “would this work” rather than putting complete faith in Him. God knows what I need though, and this message was extremely encouraging because “Reckoning it” is what the answer is. Basically, believing and claiming was is already there in Christ Jesus. I was like, “no, it can’t be that easy.” It is and it isn’t. There’s so many ways that we might be tempted to distrust Him or His promises based of experience. But, going back to the two facts, God is God and he can not lie. He’s signed these promises with His blood. Christians must get “in Christ” and reckon it true. Because it IS!

     There’s three truths Christians must reckon as well.  I am crucified with Christ. That old man was crucified on the cross along with Jesus. It is like if a slave were never told that he were free, he would not know that he could leave his bondage. The freedom papers are there in the desk. He must go and claim them, the master has no power to stop him. If it has not be appropriated that does not mean it is not there. The old man is crucified with Jesus. In the gap between the promises and faith, temptations will be bountiful. Once claimed Christians walk in step with Jesus, where He goes, they go. The little fish says “I’m afraid I’ll run out of water in the ocean” then the Master says, “Oh little fish my water is sufficient.” That pictures the word “Sufficiency.” He is more than able to keep them from falling.

     Second truth: I am resurrected unto newness of life-in the resurrection of Christ. Again, the old man is dead, now the new man is alive. Christians want to see immediate change, but it must start with belief. Feeling does not rule them, but faith in Christ. Claim it through Jesus! The truth through is “I am seated in heavenly places in Christ. Literally IN Him. Not just near the Lord, but actually in. Like a plane, if the passengers ride not inside the plane, gravity will win and they will fall. Ask for the Holy Spirit in Him. Ask for the abundant life. God prayers are always “Yes and Amen” in Him. 

     I am definitely learning this moment by moment, some how I don’t want to relinquish my menial control over my life at times. It’s like YES, He will live this out through me, because I can NOT do it. He is Sufficient like the ocean and more and more precious to me as I learn the fullness of His love.