The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Gospel - Sermon Edition


The Gospel - Sermon Edition

     Christians are called to bear the Name of God. It is an enormous job, an impossible one. One that can not be taken lightly. Outside of Jesus Christ, insufficient and minute does not even come close to describing Christians. However, He is awesome and majestic and He can carry His gospel through His people. Christians must by faith believe as little children. Yes, studying Him is incredibly edifying and wonderful, but they must not take the information and argue about it. He is enough, and that IS enough. Jesus and Him crucified is all that must be focused on (1 Corinthians 2:2) 

     So how should the gospel be shared? Is it a statement or phrase to be repeated to every person or is it unique Spirit-lead words that reach the hearts of each one by Him? It is not about Christians and how they can share the gospel. It’s about Him and only Him. He deserves each soul because He paid for them at the cross. And He along can save. Christians are live Midwives, they get to see the life and help in the birth, but God made life and gave it to them. God does use weakness to deliver the gospel and He gives the increase. Some people are used as Planters and some as waterers. Each situation is different. Fruit will begin to grow, then prayer ripens that fruit. 

     To share the gospel, the audience must be considered. Some may already have some of the gospel preached to them, and some might have never heard of Jesus. The three gospel lenses are important to know about. The Historic Lens is where facts are emphasized. For example the Historic life, death, and resurrection of Jesus and it’s subsequent accomplishments are the discussion. They could say a simple statement such as  “God came and died for you, believe.” The Personal Lens is where a lot of Christians stopped. The truth is none the less important, but not the full beautiful picture of what Jesus’ blood for. This one emphasizes Faith. The power of the gospel and it’s ability to personally save and deliver is the discussion. They tell the gospel as how the soul violates God’s law. Then the Daily Lens. It’s practically living out the triumph of the Gospel. The power of sin is destroyed, old man dead and I have newness of life in Christ Jesus, Christ is exalted to the Highest Place, I am seated in Heavenly Places in Christ, and the Power of the Almighty is resident in me enabling me to live a life that otherwise would be impossible. Asking questions to the individual helps know where they are in this process of believing. As each one IS the gospel, the discretion of the Holy Spirit will give the specific words that they need to hear.

     This was an encouraging message to me because, I had just heard the first two without hearing the glorious message that He has the power to free me from daily things. And it is exciting to know that He will guide me as I share the gospel with others. Many of the people I know, are in the same boat as I was, we didn’t know that He can live the victorious life through me. When I reckon His truth of Jesus and the cross, then I am in Him. And in Christ, His promises can be claimed and the throne room can be accessed. All because Jesus paid for it all at the cross. Truly good news!