The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Thursday, November 7, 2013

Who is this Jesus?


Who is this Jesus?

     John 1 tells us that in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, and that He created the world. He created everything, and it was created for His pleasure. The Word is Jesus and He was God’s Son. He is the Word of God made flesh. Most people think that Jesus is an upgrade of God. That the Father was just mean and only upholding the law. However, the Father so loved us that His nature could be seen through Jesus. The old covenant proves the sinfulness of man. Though Jesus was God, He submitted and obeyed what God wanted Him to do. 

     Jesus is Holy or Hagios in the Hebrew coming from Hagos meaning a something that strikes men with utter awe and wonder. The other root word is Chag and that is a feast, a festival sacrifice, a pilgrim-feast. So together Holy/Hagios means for the Perfect, Unsullied, Awe-striking Purity and Otherness Has Himself become the food for the feast.   We are sinners but He’s made a way, and that’s covenant. Jesus came to this earth and was born in Bethlehem which means House of bread, House of food of God, Body of God become food. In other words, He was laid in a feeding trough in Body of God becomes food. He was laid in a tough where animals that do not exemplify virtue would eat. That sounds like us as humans, but yet, the perfect feast was there for us!

     After giving this message Eric had communion brought out. He emphasized Jesus doing everything and how it’s a covenant with Him. We eat His “flesh” and drink His “blood” as a symbol of swapping our filthy rags for His robe of righteousness, to symbolize His body for our body. It was the sweetest communion I’ve ever had because it was to me acknowledging my weaknesses and that my old man is dead and that I am now in Christ. I accepted Him as being fully in charge and now in covenant with Him forever. It was so much more than my usually rehashing sins before Him to forgive and feeling defeated. Today, I gave Him all whole-heartedly as that was the only thing I could do. He is my Savior everyday and forever!