The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christendom by A.W. Tozer


Christendom by A.W. Tozer

     Jesus states in John 8:31-59 that the Truth will make people free. The Jews did not like this because in order to be made free that meant they were slaves. They were bristled at this because according to them they were from the seed of Abraham and were not in bondage. They were able to trace their lines back to Abraham, so they thought that since they were in the physical line of Abraham that meant they were in the spiritual line of Abraham. They assumed they were children of Abraham. We do the same thing and assume we are in the spiritual line of the apostles. If we want to be from the same line as the apostles we need to do what they did. The fruit of our lives would match up with their fruit. They had the Holy Spirit ruling and reigning in their life, and were bearing much fruit for the glory of God. Just because we esteem Christianity doesn’t mean we have it. It’s so easy to hear truth and think we’ve got it. That’s hypocritical. Nothing can be done apart from God. If God is living in us, the gospel will be spilling out.

     This message reminds me how easy it is to esteem truth, yet never let Truth reign in my life. It shows me of my ever-growing need of Jesus. His Holy Spirit must rule and reign in my life, or else no good thing will come from it. Am I trying to incorporate the flesh or imitate the world in my life as the Jew who talked with Jesus were? He’s the Truth that will set me free. That’s why He came, so we can have freedom from sin and be reconciled to the Father. Lord, examine my heart, and show me where I am letting flesh creep in and control me. Show me Father, for it is Your will, I desire, but apart from You, I can do nothing. Jesus, may You be in control of every area of my life. In Your hands, I entrust all of me to all of You.