The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Weeping Prophet's Prayer Closet


The Weeping Prophet’s Prayer Closet

     Where are the men of old with the calloused knees and worn out floor boards? God is often just an accessory to some people. This generation is weak and powerless people and Christians. Jeremiah articulates that same lament in Jeremiah 5:30-31, “A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land; The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means, and my people love it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?” The message that a dying soul needs to hear is not “You’re beautiful,” instead it’s “He’s beautiful and we are wretches!” What happens when someone puts his all on God? Most people graduating from Seminary they don’t believe in Jesus, they don’t have training in the prayer closet, instead they’ve got a cool band and the latest fashion. 

     We want the joy of resurrection, but do we realize that that means we must go through Gethsemane. We want the good feelings, but do we want the ache of Jesus? Matthew 26:38-39 and Luke 22:44 shows how Jesus wanted God’s will so badly and the gravity of the situation, that He sweat drops of blood. Gethsemane can also be translated the place of olives. Olives when they are crushed, produce oil and they are used oil for anointing, the Spirit of God outpoured. The crushing of the Olive brought forth oil for the people of God. 

     Ezekiel was given the task to agonize and travail over the message that he was to give to the people. In our lives, when have we cried over the millions of babies being killed or the unsaved people, or the orphans? God called him just to sit there astonished among the people. When people behold who God is they become a bur in the saddle of their generation. Hosea was called to marry a harlot to demonstrate how God loves Israel. He even has to go buy her back as she leaves him and gets sold to slavery. God wanted Hosea to weep over the unfaithfulness of Israel. Their heart was far from Him. How often are sermons devoid of Christ? He wants us to know Him. He wants our life upon the alter. Amos was to weep over the famine of the Word of God. All these examples show how God wants us to be serious in prayer, to have His heart in prayer. He would not just lightly pray “Please bless these people.” He would pray with passion and with tears, pray to really change things. He would pray for Himself to be in their lives. That’s the real need out there, not just the physical things, but Jesus Himself. John Hyde had been praying and praying for weeks, and he’d only have to say a few words and that would really convict people, because he had that powerful weeping foundation in secret prayer.

     God can not fail. He can take a generation of dead bones and revive them. He knows what they need. Our tears can be wiped away, when the kingdom of God comes and we are filled with Him. When people have heard the good news! Not our early desires, but You and Your kingdom come! He is the solution to everything situation. Jesus is the answer to abortion, or the crisis of AIDs in Africa, or the lethargic modern church of America. God wants us to ask, weep, and come to Gethsemane were we get crushed in prayer. Our prayer should be, “Come Lord Jesus come!”

     So how desperate am I for Him? Am I willing to weep and agonize in prayer for His sake? This is definitely so convicting! I don’t remember when I last felt the ache in prayer for others. I think I’ve prayed with tears before, but it’s been a long time. I think it’s something, I will have to beg Jesus to give me His heart in prayer, it’s not in my strength, but it’s His. Allowing Him to prayer through me. I am a willing vessel in His hand. I pray that “praying” would be an area subject to Him and His Spirit.