The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Sunday, December 29, 2013

Voice of God


Voice of God

     How does someone hear the voice of God? Moses heard the voice of God on a daily basis. Moses was not some special person. He was an ordinary person God decided to use for His glory. We too, can hear God’s voice through His Word and in His character and nature. John 1:1, 14, 16-17 Tells us that Jesus was the Word of God and He came to earth to dwell among us, having His fullness and grace. The law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. 

     This quote from Charles Spurgeon was very powerful on this topic. “God’s word is the soul’s manna and the soul’s water of life. How greatly we ought to prize each word of divine teaching. But, dear brethren, do you not think that many are very neglectful of God’s instructive voice? In the Bible we have precious doctrines, precious promises, precious precepts, and above all a precious Christ, and if a man would really live upon these choice things, he might rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory. But how often if the Bible left unread! And so God is not heard. He calls and we give no heed. As for the preaching of the Word when the Holy Spirit is in it, it is the “power of God unto salvation,” and the Lord is pleased by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe; but all believers do not hear the voice of the Lord by his ministers as they should. There is much carping criticism, much boldness of heart, much glorying in man, and a great want of teachableness of spirit, and thus the word is shut out of our hearts. The Lord would fain teach us by his servants, but our ears are dull of hearing...

     Search the Scriptures that no word from the Lord may be inadvertently slighted by you; hear the Word attentively and ponder it in your heart, and daily make this your prayer, “What I know not, teach thou me.” “Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.” Let us strive against prejudice, and never let us dream that we are so wise that we need learn no more. Jesus Christ would have us be teachable as little children and ready to receive with meekness the engrafted word which is able to save our souls. You will have a blessed fellowship with your Lord if you will sit at his feet and receive his words.” 

     I pray that You dear Jesus would soften my heart to hear your voice and that you would prepare it for your glorious gospel and presence. I can’t listen to you on my own strength, so I ask you to do it for me. Give me a love for your Word and let those refreshing Words wash over my soul, in quiet encouragement in You. Engraft your Words deep in my soul, that when the storms of life get high and daunting, I would stand secure in You, my Firm Rock and Salvation. You alone does my heart desire, Jesus. I am in You, and You in me. I wait to hear Your voice, in Jesus name. Amen.