The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Man's Call to Significance


A Man’s Call to Significance 

     A man wants to be significant. However, who can find a faithful man (Micah 7:2, Proverbs 26:6, Jeremiah 5:1, Luke 18:8)? A true man is FAITH-full and not full of himself. Most men will proclaim his own goodness. The great secret to to significance is realizing that they don’t have it. Faith is assurance that God is, He is able, He is Truth, and He is Faithful. Full means there’s no more room. Faith and full mean a man who is filled to the brim and overflowing with faith. Faith knows what God is doing and responses to it. He is confident in the Faithful One. Faith is decidedness, assured, convinced, resolute, singular focused. Faith is loyalty, true to the covenant, immovable from position, unwilling to veer away even for a moment, standing firm. Faith is Ardor, (love but with a passion), passionate to defend, hot-tempered toward all that would endanger, aggressive and hostile toward all that may threaten the covenant bond. Faith is an operation (Rom 3:9, Gal 2:16, 20). We are justified in Jesus’ faithfulness. We can not have access to God without faith, but it’s not our faith but it’s His faith. 

     We have a responsibility with the faith we are given. Jesus Christ is the Faithful Man, The Righteous Man. He was faithful to His bride and to His Father. He crushed sin, flesh, evil, and death. He did judge, he judged satan, evil, death and the flesh. A new desire for righteousness will emerge when one is born again in Christ. A man who has exchanged all of his strength and all that he has with the Almighty. “If I could only get that God.” Unfortunately we want people to give us a pat on the back. We want people to tell us that our righteousness is enough. We are thinking of who will give us the kudos for what we are doing/making. We must lay down our significance. In and of himself he’s not a faithful man, but he can change it in for Jesus Christ. Are we willing to become a worm and no man. 

     What is our calling? Proverbs 25:6-7 to take the lowest place. Luke 14:8-10, Proverbs 15:33 Jesus exampled this by taking the lowest place, we out to follow His example. Eph 1:3,10, 2:6 Blessed with all spiritual blessing in Christ. Highest place with Christ. Jesus received the highest calling. We are in Him therefore we are with him. We can’t rely on our own faithfulness. Humility vs. Humiliation. We can either humble ourselves or be humiliated. We can not get ourselves to the highest place. Phil 3:14 says we’ve been called to the high place in Jesus. Measure not up with godly men, but with God. They are just representations of God. Believe the truth and you will live, believe the lie and you will die. Focus on His unique role, focus on knowing Him. Focus on Him, and let Him focus on you. We are supposed to make His life significant. We need need to die, to disappear, to empty self, to put up his cross, to forsake personal glory, to take the lowest place, all DAILY. By the power of Jesus working in them. Matthew 6:33 sums it up well, seek Jesus.

     Am I a faith-full person? Do I have the faith of Jesus in me? He is everything and I am nothing. I need to learn to focus on Him. For so much of my life, I’ve focused on my self, and not on Him. But truly, everything is about Him. I need to die to my will, and instead embrace with faith the will of the Faithful One. He is so worthy of praise, honor, and glory. May I seek His face more and more every day, for He is all that I need and more. Jesus, the Faithful One, I trust in You.