The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Thursday, January 23, 2014

A New Generation of Fathers


A New Generation of Fathers

     “Ab” means Father in the Hebrew language and “Abba” is Daddy. “Ab” means “strength in the house,” which perfectly describes the father. The first sounds that a baby makes are “Ab” and “Abba” and similarly it’s the first sounds in uttered in prayer after new life in Christ. Jesus calls God, Father, and we can too! The fathers in this culture have not demonstrated the love of the Father very well, and some have seen only a skewed picture. Not having time for their children, breaking promises, anxious and stressed, frustrated and harsh, these are some things we think about when we think of the typical dad. But godly fathering is so much more, and just to think we can have a full measure with our Heavenly Father. God shows us true Father traits. Earthly fathers can show a picture of Him by being there for us, being patient and long-suffering, meeting the danger and protecting, doing something for us, when we could not, loving the Word of God, always on their knees praying, showing Christ in every situation. 

     This message warmed my heart. I definitely take for granted how many ways that my dad exemplifies Christ in our family. He always desires to spend time with me, even if I’m just riding along in the car, or holding a flashlight for him, it makes him so happy. How many times, I have something “else” to do, but don’t realize that how I treat my dad is a lot of times how I treat God. My dad is a wonderful dad who desire to know God more, I can not ask for better. He always protects and loves me. In so many situations, God’s used my dad to protect me from harm, and evil things. He teaches me how to love Jesus through his life. I praise God for this wonderful example in Christ, and how I can better trust God because I’ve had the best exampled to me.