The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Josiah


Josiah
     King Josiah is one who recognized his great need for the God and forsake every sin and every weight that held him down, to find the God. Josiah was deeply concerned for the the disrepair of the temple. We ought to be more concerned at God’s holy temple. The funds for repair of the temple were taken from the treasury, just how Christ is the only solution for repairing of the temple. The Word of God was found in the temple in Josiah’s reign, just as the Word of God is found in Christ! Josiah not only hears the Word but does it also. He has a holy fear and trembling towards the Word of God and His heart is tender. How are we being responsive to the Word of God? And how highly do we fear and respect it? For each specific area of sin he deals with it properly and does not leave a stone unturned. That is very important to do in our spiritual lives as well, we must not just say, “Lord please forgive me for sin,” but to confess specifics and details. It humbles us and shows the fullness of His Majesty and the depth of His Sacrifice even more. Josiah celebrates the Passover unlike it had ever before been celebrated. He cherishes what God had done and fully embraces that only Christ can save them from their sin. He helps to purify the Holy Temple. It’s not out of self are we supposed to worship God. 

     I had no idea what Josiah went through to honor God in the respect of the temple. He showed great respect and humility before the Most Holy God. I wonder how often I take the gravity of sin and respond promptly before God. It’s definitely not a light thing, and Jesus must be the focus of our life. Each step out of a respect and a “How can I honor You, Jesus?” attitude. May I be more aware of the depth of Jesus’ sacrifice and of His incredible Holy Spirit that can overtake my life, to live one that is glorifying to Him.