The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Plain Men Living Intense


Plain Men Living Intense

     If Christians are like athletes in the Christian life, how much dedication and time do they spend working out? It’s many many hours and being fit physically correlates right in with spiritual fitness. Physical fitness requires competence in cardiovascular/respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility, balance, accuracy. It also requires readiness at any time and in any combination, and effective conditioning of the 3 muscle types. These three areas are very similar to the spiritual aspect. Most people are lazy and fact and have no endurance or self-control in any area let alone fitness. Luke 9:62 says that we are supposed to be fit for the kingdom of God. The Lord wouldn’t be flabby bellied physically or spiritually, he was fit and ready for the job He was sent to do. The greek word for exercise is gumnasia and that is similar to the word gymnastics and that is a very intense work out. That is how heartily the Lord would like us to work in the spiritual sense, that raises the standard quite a bit.

     What a level of spiritual fitness for the Lord’s use! I only know that I can not hold up these high standards, but He can. He’s so faithful to do abundantly more than I could ask or think, and I will trust Him even when the level of spiritual fitness is so high that I can not measure up. I do need to be diligent in these areas though, that’s why it is so encouraging that He can do it though me. No need to struggle or wrestle through, although pursuing Jesus passionately is what I should do with all my fervor and strength. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.