The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Hard(er) Way


The Hard(er) Way

     Christians need to take the hard way, that the Shepherd leads them in, not in the way that the world drives them in. What are people willing to give up for Jesus? What if each area in our lives were harnessed for God’s glory? Entertainment is a huge area, also sleep, and shopping. What is driving our culture for clothes that rot away? Youtube is less than 10 years old yet 72 hours of new videos are uploaded every minute. Our generation is literally getting entertained to death. These things do not have to rule the Christian though. They can tell Jesus, “I need Your grace to get this area under control,” and He will do it. If we put entertainment on the grand scheme of things it is such a waste. If one is following Christ, they will be persecuted (John 15:20). It IS a hard way on this path with Jesus (Matt 10:38). When Jesus came to this earth, what He had to give up greatly, it would be like going from a human to being a spider. Jesus lived the life style of the cross. He was constantly giving up for others and pouring out.

     Pouring out for others is a selfless act, and it is part of the hard way. Ministry is messy. The people are broken and hurting. This story was shared about a guy who was helping a children’s ministry. He was working with little boy who was hard and a troublemaker. The little boy spat in the young man’s face, and he told the little boy he would hug him and tell him that Jesus loved him and that he did too. He repeated his selfless action of forgiveness and love, while the boy continued to spit in his face. We are called to the least and the worse, the EGR extra grace required people. We are called to love them. 

     What a sequel to the message earlier about not letting the flesh rule and have dominion! The hard way is indeed giving up for Jesus, but instead of losing I can gain because having Him is the greatest thing anyone could have. Jesus, where are you calling me to be your hands and feet and go to the unlovable? May I only serve by your side, completely willing to give up for You and take the hard way. My handful of pebbles, I give to You. Thank you that you trade those for jewels upon jewels of your richest grace.