The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Thursday, February 6, 2014

God's Love - Corrie Ten Boom


God’s Love 
Corrie Ten Boom

   
     The message we listened to by Corrie Ten Boom was packed with rich truths that she and her sister learned during their time in the concentration camps. One quote that is famous but sums the message up went something like, “Even in the deepest pit, God’s love is deeper still.” Also, “God’s love is deeper than man’s deepest hate.” She boldly proclaims “it works!” She of all people should have the had a reason to hate and not forgive. But though she struggled through forgiveness, God showed her how to obey Him and forgive. Not by mustering up the forgiveness in her own strength, but by simply letting God forgive through her. She could not do it, but He could. She said that when one of the guards came up to her after a speech she had given, he told her that he had become a Christian and he know that God had forgiven him for all the cruel things he did, but he wanted to ask her personally. She in that instant, could not do it, but she extended her hand and He forgave through her and a warm tingly feeling went up her arm as she shook his hand. God’s love reached out through her and forgave.

     What an inspiring message! She exampled letting God do the work in a through her. It was the Holy Spirit doing the work through her. I long to let Him do it in every instance, whether in forgiving or loving or simply being kind, I can not do any of it, only He can. But He if faithful so when I ask, He comes and does it through me. His love is much deeper than mine, I can only love partly, but He can love completely. He’s faithful, when I’m not. What an amazing God I serve that His love reaches even into the lowest place. He knows what is best and can give me grace for my times of need.