The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Tuesday, February 18, 2014

His Beautiful Feet


His Beautiful Feet
The Position of Conquest

     At the feet of Jesus, we find our place. Over and over the feet of Jesus has been a wonderful place of petition, healing, thanksgiving, worship, teaching, a place of refuge for the troubled soul. In the story of Mary and Martha, Mary was sitting at Jesus’ feet when Martha asked Jesus to tell Mary to come help work. Jesus spoke in Mary’s defense and said she had chosen the better place. Mary was always abiding at her Savior’s feet and found it to be the most precious place. She weeping, fell at His feet when Lazarus died and Jesus was moved with sorrow and He wept too. He listened to her and cared deeply for this woman so humbly prostrate at His feet. She also gave up the most expensive thing she had it was the spikenard of oil. A woman would buy more oil as time went on to add to it and then before her wedding she would bathe in it. They would also use it as a fall-back money plan, if they were low on cash, they would sell a bit of the spikenard. It was what she had been putting her faith in, and when she spilled it out on the feet of Jesus she was putting her faith and dependence only on the Savior.

     There was several other examples in scripture illustrating how feet meant authority and other things, but the point is that Jesus clothes our feet with Himself. Faith and trust in Jesus, while humbly abiding at His feet, is the only place for me to be. One lesson that is very valuable to me in going home is dependency on Jesus. I love how it was simple what Mary did. It was a simple abiding at His feet and Jesus poured on her His Spirit and presence. I long to be close to Jesus, laying everything I put my faith in at His feet, and putting my faith and confidence in Him alone. He puts His sandals of peace, which is Himself on my feet. Mary had a humble demeanor as she constant put herself in the low place of dependency at His feet. At His feet, I find my place.