The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Thursday, February 6, 2014

Life as a Grape


Life as a Grape

     Believers are like grapes, to bring forth luscious fruit juice they are crushed and squeezed. One they are squeezed the skins from a skin cake, and by far, that is not the best part of a grape. In the same way, our earthly bodies are not the fruit, but rather what is squeezed out through tribulation and suffering. Believers are not just like the grape, but also are compared to the vessel that is catching the juice of the wine press, because they fill up with Jesus’ wine that He spilled out in abundance. They are filled up so that they may be crushed and poured out for His cup. Communion is symbolized with wine and bread. The grape is crushed and the wheat grain dies. Either way, it’s dying to self, and letting go of the life we try so hard to preserve, is what brings glory to the King of Kings.

     This spells it out so clearly. I am nothing and He everything. To reach my purpose I need to let Jesus squeeze me into His cup. That’s why I was created, to bring glory to Him. It is an honor to suffer for Him, because it no longer means “day of suffering,” but “day of great grace.” It’s not going to glorify Him very much if I sit on the vine all the time and just ripen up, then shrivel up and die. But rather be plucked at fullest ripeness to be squeeze for His cup! This changes my perspective and gives me joy in being crushed for Him!