The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Lord, It Was The Woman! A Study In Self-Justification


Lord, It Was The Woman!
A Study in Self-Justification

     From the beginning of time, men have had a tendency to blame their sin on ours. Right back to the garden, Adam blamed it on God and the woman. He did not own up to the fact that he did disobey and rebel against God too. Eve blamed her sin on the serpent. We easy can make excuses for sin as well. We may say something like, it was my parents, it was my sister, it was my buddy at school, it was___. But no matter who did what to us, the law must still be perfected. Often times we will feel condemnation when the law weighs on our soul and we are guilty and have no escape. We often self-justify and excuse the behavior and place blame elsewhere, or seek the solution outside of Jesus Christ. To self-justify we often compare ourselves with others, or say that every bad thing we’ve done, goes to correct a wrong inflicted, or there’s the slick attorney that make up such an excuse that one may walk away thinking they are angels. All three of these are very dangerous, sadly we’ve got this pattern engrained into our heads as an automatic response. 

     Contrasted to condemnation which is hopeless, conviction shows the gravity of sin and need for the Savior, where there is Hope unending! We are responsible for our response to conviction of sin. We can either turn to self-justification (trying to justify in our own strength) or to the Savior (by faith in the work of Jesus). The cross of Jesus is the only way to justify properly, because it goes back to what He did on the cross and His power to take the blame for us and uphold the law. We need to know how much we need the saving, then realize that Jesus did what we could not do, and see Him as the lone Savior, then live under grace. Going to the cross means there is Hope in Jesus, we must stay in this grace giving life with Jesus. Seeing the need leads to faith in Jesus, then conviction, then repentance, then grace and empowerment. The cross is always bringing up upwards in Him, and He gives us the grace to live differently. We must come to the cross for grace, God’s life in us.

     This message fits right in with what I’m learning. In the last few days, I’ve not put Jesus first and I’ve been completely empty and powerless. Little things feel like big things. I don’t want to just “let my hair down” and loose spiritual tightness. I can not “stay” in Jesus in my own strength though, that is why I am coming to Him to find His grace by faith to save me, be in me, I in Him, and the power to stay out of this miry clay. It’s a dangerous place to be where dependence on God grows dim. I must stay in the shadow of Jesus, always pressing upwards to live in Him, and to let Him do it through me. I do mess up, but I come to the cross and He does the work.