The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Thursday, February 6, 2014

Made Excellent for Marriage


Made Excellent for Marriage

     To be made excellent for marriage, we must be trained by God in the small areas of life. What if we treated each area like our future spouse was with us, would we still act the way we do? There must maintain a balance in the freedom we do have in Christ and showing respect and deference to those around us. Paul in 1 Corinthians 8 addresses this area of having freedom in Christ, but yet showing deference to others in areas that might be a stumbling block for someone else. They were abusing the freedom that they had in Christ. For example, women have freedom in Christ to not wear a head covering, but in the context of the book, church, and age, it would would have shamed her husband because back then only prostitutes did not wear the head covering. Although she has freedom in Christ not to wear it, she would chose to respect her husband and wear it. We have the same delicate balance in our lives. Liberty leveraged fleshly is sin. In Christ, should demonstrate that we are in Christ. Love is the most important way to balance this out. Love does not think of it’s own interests. It’s rising up to be an person of honor, which is evidence of us being in Christ and Christ being in us. The behavior of God on earth! Love practical in action is heroism. That’s taking the bullet for someone. Being in the low position! 

     This message was deeply convicting because it’s pointing at the more small areas of my life and saying, “ah, that’s not exactly Christ-like and honoring.” It can be from how much time use on getting ready in the morning to how I treat my family. But each one is training me to how I will treat my future husband and family. If I don’t start taking small steps in becoming more honoring to those around me, more selfless and heroic, then how will I except to do it in the future? I pray that God molds me and trains me to be more In Christ, leveraging my liberty in Him, in love and respect.