The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Obsession - Practicing Moment by Moment Intimacy


Obsession
Practicing Moment by Moment Intimacy

     What if we were to take our relationship with Jesus one step further and literally become obsessed with Jesus. It’s like a guy who is in love with a girl in high school. He’ll lean against the locker and talk to her so close that he’s almost whispering into her ear. Then when it’s time for class he’ll grab her books and lead her by the hand to the classroom and run to his class almost being late. Then afterwards he’ll run and take her to her next class and run back to his almost late. Then after school he’ll drive her home and talk in the drive way for an hour and half, and lead her by the hand to the door. He’ll head home and then call her on the phone and talk for another hour and half, then spruce up and go take her out for a date. Yes, he’s obsessed! She determines every decision he makes. What if I lived so close to Jesus that I was obsessed with Him and ran around close to His side, excited about spending time with Him in each moment.

     Saturation and Obsession are the keys to spending moment by moment with Jesus. Just as an athlete spends all his time focused on one thing, we should be focused on One person. Saturation is meditating on His scripture all throughout the day. And Obsession would be purposefully thinking about Jesus all throughout the day. It’s living in Him and Him in us. I loved the example of learning to do this by picking something that reminds us to think about Jesus. Brother Lawrence explained it perfectly as he shared how his hour praying by the alter should be no different then his time praying while washing up the dishes in the kitchen. 

     I’m not sure if this was my favorite message that Nathan did, but close to it. This is the secret of abiding in the Lord. The glorious news of the gospel is that we can be IN CHRIST. Then the way to cultivate that abiding relationship with Jesus is by saturation and obsession! I’m excited to have had this message because I am definitely missing the obsession of Jesus. I want it, and now I know how to get it, giving up my all and becoming nothing, then seeking Him obsessively while meditating on His Word. How beautiful yet simple!