The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Overcoming Sin


Overcoming Sin

     In Christ we are no longer enslaved to sin, and therefore, by His power it can be overcome (Rom 6). Jesus is the key that unlocks that precious door of promise that we are dead to sin, but alive to Christ, sin has no dominion in our life. The “great king” of Assyria is a picture of the greatness of our sin and the control it holds in our lives. He was overwhelmingly rich and powerful and when Hezekiah (king of Israel) was confronted with the great king’s tyranny he buckles and pays tribute to the king. The tribute costs basically all the gold they owned including gold inlays that covered the doors of the temple. Assyria kept advancing until they had gained every area except Jerusalem. They even surrounded and besieged Jerusalem. Finally, Hezekiah comes to his end and turns to God. He comes into the temple and God reassures Him not to be afraid. Then the angel of the Lord went and slew all the enemy. The picture that this gives is amazing! We can not overcome sin in our own strength, only Jesus can. In Christ we have victory, because it’s Him defeating sin. All we have to do is reckon that it’s dead.

     That’s the most beautiful picture of Jesus’ work isn’t it! It’s not striving against sin, it’s Him doing what He does best. He lavishes on us the victory in Him. I have not turn to myself first though, or bargain with the enemy. Do I trust Jesus to do it? Then reckon it so and and watch what God does! He’s the Victor over sin, and we are in Him. He’s defeated sin and it’s dead. It was such an amazing mental picture of how we can have victory over sin. I do not have to strive and struggle because He is doing it... I am not!