The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Christian Thought Life


The Christian Thought Life

     The Christian thought life must be an inward reality that flows outward. What one focuses on is very important. We may think no one knows our thoughts, but God does know. Our natural mind will doubt, think on evil things, oppose God, be selfish, prideful, invent new ways of doing evil, because it is focused on self and how to please the flesh (Mark 7:21-23). But God has made a way so we could have victory in our thoughts. The Bible tells us to renew our minds (Roman 12:2b) and that can only be done if we think of things that are excellent, that wash and refresh our minds. Jesus is what life is about, and focusing on Him will produce a selfless demeanor. That is the very nature of Christ, and the list of things to think on in Philippians 4:8-9 really picture Christ in each aspect. We must empty us of ourselves and then ask Christ to come in and radically change every thought, and that is true victory!

     Yet another amazing message that brings it to a deeper level. Not just are my actions to be pure and Christ-like, but every thought! The heart is directly related to the thoughts, so thoughts pure, heart pure, then actions will show that. This purity of thought in my life can only come as I die to myself, and have the mind of Christ, while thinking on Him. It’s so important for me to be wary and watchful of every thought, as I have not kept them in check, whatever tends to slip in and attack. But in Christ, I have the power to not think wrong thoughts, and instead be fully absorbed in Christ and who He is. Again, Him working and not me.