The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Thursday, April 24, 2014

My Study on 2nd Timothy





     The Second book of Timothy is a letter filled with instruction, encouragement, sentiment, and inspiring charges. The book falls in the middle of the New Testament after the gospels and is written by the apostle Paul. Sadly these are his last words as after running the race, and finishing well. His race was one that reflected the most extraordinary and extreme dedication to his Savior and the preaching of the gospel. Paul went through innumerable intense difficulties which include beatings, stoning, stripes, shipwrecks, stuck in the sea, pain often, fasting, peril of every sort, prison all for  the sake of Christ (1 Cor. 11). He truly gave all! In the midst of this, he trained up a young man called Timothy who was like a son to him. He was training him up in the  faith to to be that radical preacher of Jesus Christ. Timothy because a bishop in one of the churches in Asia. This letter is his last words to Timothy, his beloved son in the faith. During the time of this letter, Paul was imprisoned by the Emperor Nero in Rome.

     Paul wrote this book to Timothy as instruction manual before he took the role of bishop in the church of Ephesus. He intended Timothy to be inspired to press all the harder as a soldier of Christ enduring hardships to the end of the course. He prepared Timothy for the role of a bishop by warning him and commanding him. The Holy Spirit I believe is showing us through the faithful life of Paul how we should go about in our Christian walk, how we must cling to God and press ever harder to know Jesus more. We do this through handling the Word of God correctly, also not participating to the perilous of times though allowing even a bit of selfishness or pride to sink in. 

     The Spiritual truths the Lord revealed through the study of this book are Christ in us gives us grace to endure to the end, even through hard times of persecution. He keeps what we commit to Him, He is faithfulness is forever. Out of love for Him, we must cast aside anything that distracts our gaze from Him whether it’s selfless or not placing Him first in our heart. Christians will indeed be persecuted, but the spiritual benefits and relationship with Christ outweighs anything minutely hard here on earth. 

     I spotted Jesus’ tracks in this book! He is right here as He is in every other book of the Bible! He was with Paul giving Him grace and strength in every dark hour, He was inspiring Paul to give these Words not only to Timothy but also to us. He was seen as Faithful, even when we are faithless, Deliverer in hard times, Helper and Sustainer, and Instant Servant, Risen Savior, Teacher of every truth are seen in this book. 

     The application that I have been pressed in upon after this study is to be serious about my faith in Him and allow Him to be King in every area. So often I allow my relationship with Jesus to be an area in my life where He’s part of my life and I sometimes pursue Him, but mostly just do enough to get by. No, He needs to be my constant obsession! One of the days we watched a documentary on what men go through to become a Ranger. It was very sobering to think, do I give all for the sake of the gospel. Paul illustrates how us Christians need to be as soldiers of God. This is not a light thing, and being passionate about the Jesus who possesses my heart is only a small in comparison to the level Paul gave all for the sake of the gospel. In a very real way, I feel much like Timothy, fearful, weak, and insecure, in my faith, but one thing is for sure, I know my God, and I know He is Faithful. 

     My perspective of the doctrine of Christ has been affected as well. “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” I learned the importance of going to the Word of God with the attitude of I am under the authority of the Word of God and humbly studying it to see what truths be pulled out of it, as opposed to forcing the Word of God to fit my own ideas or beliefs. According to the above verse the Word of God is also for reproving. I have felt conviction in the area in my laziness and laxness in handling the Word of God. God has used the teaching this week to show me how to study the Word of God correctly, and I am excited about using these tools for His glory. And in the same way I have been instructed in righteousness and heard Jesus through this study of His Word.

     I am confident that as my life is more completely yielded to Jesus that this will be noticed in my life. Because it’s Him working in me and living through me. I can do nothing apart from Him. I am trusting Him to apply these truths to my heart. I am grateful for this chance to know my Savior in an even deeper way!