The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Monday, April 14, 2014

Solyma


Solyma
The One Who Bears His Hame

     The Rabbis would have the young men wait until they were 30 years old in order to read the book Song of Solomon, because it was a book that needed spiritual maturity in order to apply it spiritually and not be distracted by the physical. They also said that the book of Song of Solomon is like the Holy of Holies. The Rabbis saw it as a picture of God and Israel, but in the New Testament it pictures Jesus and the Church. The veil of the temple was extremely thick. The Holy of Holies was where God lived. When Jesus died on the cross His body was torn, and the veil of the temple was torn in two as well. Believers need the Holy Spirit to unveil the mysteries of this book. That meant that the Holy of Holies was accessible. Just as Jesus had to born of a virgin so that He could be unspotted and pure, we too must be a virgin at heart. The book of Song of Solomon, reveals Jesus as not just a Lord, but a Lover (Psalm 45). Jesus is the Great Bridegroom of our hearts. Isaiah 62:5b shows how a Bridegroom rejoices over his bride so how Jesus rejoices over us. It is a rejoicing that never fades. 

     The fruit of a relationship with a husband and wife is children, and the result of our relationship with Jesus is spiritual fruit. We are not born spiritual virgins but we must let the Lord cut off the flesh and circumcise us. Only then are we spiritual virgins. Names are one’s fame, one’s character, one’s very person. Names are a symbol of relationship, a sign of intimacy. God has a special name written on a precious stone for me (Revelation 2:17). In true marriage, a guy tells the girl that he will die to himself and live for her dreams, fulfillment, and pleasure, then the girl turns and says she will live for Him as well. They are both being fulfilled, but it’s selfless. It’s a picture of Jesus and the church. Christianity is never selfish, ever. It’s a dying to rights that makes it such a giving relationship. The woman goes a step further, and gives up her name (one that defines who she is) to take on His name, and to bear it. Not just to bear His name, but to bear His sufferings, His nature, His character. It’s something not to take lightly. In Song of Solomon, Solomon’s bride take on His name. The feminine version of his name is Solyma. It means Princess of Peace, the Bride of Peace, the one made perfect, the treasure, the reward for the Victor. So as the bride of Christ, who bears the name of Jesus, we are Solyma. We are set-apart for His glory and for Christ alone. She not only bears His name, but also His fragrance, and His beauty. Her King is ravished with her and delights in her.

     In this book there are eight prayers that Solyma prays to her King. Each one can be related Spiritually and each one is a sweet token of love to Him. In each prayer she acknowledges that is not in and of herself and that she is nothing. He is everything to her and she is completely fixated on Him glorious face. 

     I loved this message. Each prayer was so rich and powerful, I definitely have a tendency to focus on myself and how insufficient and miserable I am. But I have to remember to get my eyes back on Him and how wonderful and beautiful He is. My life should be just a declaration of Him and of what He’s done. I long to be beside Him in His work, helping Him in what He is about. My love should find it’s origin in Him alone. Jesus wants a intimate relationship with me. He pursues me and rescues me, and I love and respect Him dearly for Who He is. This beautiful picture of Lover and Loved is so precious because it fills all those little holds my heart that cries out to be loved and to be pursued and protected. He is all of those things! I can lavish all that I have on Him, and one day, cast a crown at His feet. Come Lord Jesus Come!