The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Truth that set me free

Hi Everyone,
So, I titled this post "The Truth that set me free" because God revealed something so huge to me a year ago..... The truth of my identity "in Christ." What we believe is ultimately what we become, and this aspect of the gospel was so foreign to me, I had never even heard about it till I went to Ellerslie. What the phrase "In Christ" is referring to is the part of the gospel that is rarely emphasized, and that's what happened during/after Jesus died on the cross. Yes, He paid for our sins and that means we can go to Heaven, but that's only half of the what Jesus' blood fully paid for! 2 Corinthians 5:21 says, "For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."
At the cross he exchanged our sin for His righteousness. Because we are IN Christ, God sees us as literally righteous through His Son. It's not that there's a robe exchange and we hid from God so He won't peak under the robe and find filth... But actually WE are righteous! I'm not talking about the actions... But He made us righteous, in Him, while taking on our sin. AND He made a way for His Spirit to live in us and fill us and enable us to live the Christian life. I'm in Christ and He's in me. It's a much intimate picture of my relationship with Christ then I had before... This type of life means VICTORY, PEACE, JOY, FREEDOM, LOVE are all truly possible as I become to focused on Him and letting His Spirit fill me... Before I viewed it as, I get saved and do good things for God to please Him.... Now it's all about knowing Him and good things and fruit flow naturally out of an abiding relationship with Him. Oh my, I'm getting so excited just writing this because He's been cultivating this truth and the Spirit filled life all this year... and I'm SOOOOO excited... This is Truth, and life filled, because it's Jesus Himself filling and using my body to do His impossible tasks here on earth.... I may not always live this abundant life, but I'm telling you one thing, I've seen the victory in it, and I'm wanting more of Jesus!

Ok. so I want to end my passionate speech, with some helpful resources in case you are interested in pursuing this idea of being "In Christ."

1. Who I am by Jerry Bridges this audiobook is free to download for a few days by Christian audio.... It's an incredible book (start on Chapter 2) about our identity in Christ.
All about it, just straight up truth!
3. The Deeper Christian Life by Andrew Murray Pretty much you can't go wrong with Andrew Murray because all of his books are phenomenal and about new life in Christ!
4. Reckoning with Truth by Eric Ludy This message is AMAZING! Thank you Eric for delivering such powerful truth!!!!
5. In Christ by Eric Ludy another amazing message!
6. Freedom in Christ By Jamie Lash WOW, this is amazing!!!!

And some other people that are Spirit filled that have blessed my life with their books...
Leonard Ravenhill
Jackie Pullinger
Oswald Chambers 
Corrie Ten boom