The God who sees ME

The God who sees ME

El Roi is my favorite name of God because it means the God who sees. He sees me. He wants to have a relationship with me and wants to know every detail of me life even though He is KING of the Universe. He is so good to me. He is my Lord and Savior. Nothing shall separate me from His love. He is All that I need and MORE!


Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Wash those feet

The aspect of service has been one God has highlighted again and again in my life. I would have to say it has been coupled with knowing Him though. In this last year, He has really revealed His character and demeanor to me through His Word.  He lived that example of humbling Himself to the highest degree. Philippians 2 talks about how He took on the form of a servant and even humbled himself to the death on a cross. I heard one example saying that Jesus becoming a man, would be like us humbling ourselves to become a spider. This example of His humility in service has spoke so much to me. It's more than just an action it's the humility of the heart.

My family has always loved serving, and I've had to clean up some really gross messes in my life. Some though have been especially gross. I remember one time, a friend had a cat in a room, and it had really trashed the room and the litter box. The smell that came from that room was sickening and I slipped in to clean it out. Or another time of getting on hands and knees to clean out a gross refrigerator with moldy food. I've learned to take delight in simply serving in this way. In our family, we love to get in there and go for the biggest clean up job. It's like the bigger the challenge, we have more satisfaction of saying a job well done.

One of the things that deeply impresses me is seeing someone do these things too. I remember my dad was my superhero when we had a yard sale and sold a couch for like 7 or 10 dollars to a lady who desperately needed a couch because her dogs had completely destroyed hers. We took it out to her home for her, and removed out her old one. I told her about Jesus and gave her a Bible. It was a short conversation, but grabbing a trash bag and gathering up the papers and other trash all over her floor, I believe shared with her the heart of Jesus. I felt so blessed to have that special moment. When I was in Central America, I spotted another special moment, as the toilets there were very sensitive, and would get plugged sometimes. We had to flush by hand with a plastic bowl from a basin of water. There were an incredible group of humble elders in the church there. They were always serving. One day the toilet had gotten plugged up royal, and I walked by to see two of the men working on unplugging it. They had one of those snake things that they had down the toilet, and believe it was a gross job. I saw their service of love through secret prayer too, as I had heard a story of one of the men getting up extra early after going to be extra late because he had more to pray about in the morning.

 Another time that was my favorite is when I was visiting older folks in the nursing home. There was an older lady who was Mexican who hardly ever had people to talk to. We had a special connection as we communicated in her language, and in the language of love. She keep telling me her leg hurt very much, so I pulled off her sock. The immensely disgusting smell filled the air, as her blackened swollen foot came out of the sock. I had to hold my breath. But I remember thinking how sweet it was to serve her, by helping her with her foot. It made me think of Jesus washing the feet of his disciples and ultimately, everyone in the world.

This is what I want to do all the time, follow Jesus in wherever He is. He's washing feet, and that's where I want to be too, washing those feet.